Ice Nine Online
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What that means is that we’re a little different in the space in how we approach web projects and digital marketing campaigns. As part of every project, we research our client’s customers to understand their online behaviors. Our goal is to reach the right people, at the right time, and in the right places. We also research our client’s competitors to emulate their competitor’s successes and ensure we’re not replicating their failures.
For these reasons the campaigns and websites we build for our clients tend to massively outperform what our clients have done in the past. Typically the channels we’re utilizing for clients are SEO, content, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and artificial intelligence tools. We build websites on the WordPress platform.
The Ice Nine Online office space is located at 444 W. Lake Street, Suite 1700 at the River Point building in downtown Chicago.
Our office space offers breathtaking views of downtown Chicago and the Chicago River.
We very much enjoy hosting clients at our space and pampering them with breathtaking views, gourmet coffee, and craft beer.
Contact us if you’d like to come over for a visit.
Cat’s Cradle is about a writer who’s researching an odd, reclusive scientist named Hoenikker. He eventually ends up meeting various colorful members of the Hoenikker family and exploring a poor island nation of San Lorenzo, whose population is enthralled with a nihilistic and cynical religion called Bokonosim. He eventually finds that Hoenekker created a substance capable of changing the world as we know it: Ice Nine.
When Ice Nine comes into contact with liquid water, it acts as a seed crystal and causes the solidification of the entire body of water, which quickly crystallizes as more Ice Nine.
Ice Nine is the focal point of this excellent, comical book, but it’s also an excellent metaphor for digital marketing! Ice Nine spreads like wildfire, turning everything around it into more Ice Nine; much like a business that promotes itself online, spreading through the web like a crystal of Ice Nine!
We have extensive experience in the follow industries: professional services, medical, financial services, retail, e-commerce, hospitality, tech, and education.
We also work with enterprise-level organizations, typically in support of their internal teams or on-record agencies.
Ice Nine Online offers highly-customized services to our clients. Therefore, our fee structure is customized to each client’s specific project or engagement.
Typically, we either work on retainer (for ongoing work), fixed-fee (for projects like website builds), or on consulting hours.
Contact us and we can discuss fees in more detail and work with you to determine a structure that makes sense for your project.
Ice Nine Online does offer services for solo-preneurs and small businesses with small marketing budgets.
One option may be to have one of Ice Nine Online’s experts conduct a training session with you to identify low-hanging-fruit to reach your goals and show you how to execute. You’ll then have the education and tools to execute marketing and web tasks on your own.
Another option may be to purchase a “block” of hours from Ice Nine Online, and then prioritize your projects so that you’re using Ice Nine’s expertise to tackle your most important projects first.
P.S. If you call the phone # on this page, you’ll likely be able to speak with Matt Chiera, Founder of Ice Nine Online. Matt’s a real web and digital marketing geek, and he really likes talking business. He’ll probably give you enough free info in a 1/2 hour call to get you going in the right direction. People usually ask why he doesn’t charge for these calls.
Over the past 4 years that we’ve been in business, these are some of our favorite client success stories:
- Generating 10,000 high-quality leads over 3 years (an average of 9/day) for one of our very first clients, a Chicago-based small business
- Training the CMO of a Fortune 1000 company on SEO, Google Ads, and digital marketing. She then left her current post to secure a better digital-focused role at a larger organization
- Getting a client on the 1st page of Google for the top 100 most competitive search terms in their market…and keeping them there consistently for over 2.5 years
- Creating a 500%+ increase in leads for a B2B company, necessitating them to hire a sales team to field the high quantity of new leads
- Manually auditing/improving a 15,000+ page website, resulting in a 130% year-over-year organic traffic increase
- Achieving a consistent conversion rate of 35% to a WordPress “apply now” landing page that we built for a B2B client
- Using Google Ads to test the viability of a new medical product…the company is now funded, scaling, and hiring
Absolutely! For many of our clients, we build and manage their website, hosting, graphic design, content, digital marketing campaigns, and other custom web projects. If there’s a very specific technology you need to utilize that that we don’t already know, we typically do one of three things:
- Learn the technology quickly (we’re very fast learners when it comes to digital).
- Leverage our extensive network of developers and marketing specialist to vet and bring in an outside specialist (who we manage) to execute the work.
- Leverage our extensive network of developers and marketing specialists to provide an introduction to a consultant or company that can handle the project.
So far, we have not come across a project where one of these three options didn’t reach our client’s goal.
Matt Chiera, Founder of Ice Nine Online has been building websites and managing digital marketing campaigns for over 10 years.
None of the Ice Nine Online team members have less than 5 years experience in their specialized field. Our team does not contain any “entry level” or “junior” team members – we’re an expert-level team of experienced developers and digital marketers. Most of us have been in the industry for our entire careers.
You can learn more about the Ice Nine Online team members by visiting our company LinkedIn page.